CEPHAS PROJECT MANAGEMENT LTD
Project Management Consultancy
A Curriculum Vitae for Peter Benton (C. Eng, MAPM, B.Sc.) is given below
A professional, experienced project and programme manager, consistently delivering projects to time and budget, including transformation of ailing projects. Works to recognised best practice and introduces and coaches these practices into organisations. Leads with a focus on people, has excellent relationship, communication and organisational skills. Adaptable, has held project management, departmental management and operational roles, working both nationally and internationally. Has wide and long experience in oil & gas exploration and production.
· Experience in a range of industries, including oil & gas, water and broadcast
· 10 years experience in production environment
· 10 years experience in exploration/subsurface environment
· International experience including Egypt, USA, Thailand, Yemen, Pakistan, Norway and UKCS, working onshore and offshore in several countries
· Managing teams of up to c. 20 people
· Managing project budgets up to £1.3m and operational budgets up to £2m p.a.
· Interfacing at all levels of business, including clients and senior management
Sept. 2008-Present: Project and Business Development Manager, RRC Controls Ltd
I manage a portfolio of subsea control systems projects. This involves delivery of mechanical, hydraulic and process work control packages to time, quality and budget. Close interface with clients, vendors and an internal team is required to achieve challenging delivery targets, and use of project management best practice is essential. I also provide management and development support to the business.
Nov. 2007-Aug. 2008: Project Delivery Manager, Scottish Water
I managed delivery of the hydraulic modelling and optioneering phase of a major civil engineering programme. This involved managing a number of external consultants at multiple locations to deliver a number of individual projects. I provided support and advice on key project/programme management disciplines and tools.
1996-2007: Project Manager, Petrofac Facilities Management Ltd
Held roles as departmental and project manager. Projects managed included:
· Implementation of major information management capability;
· Implementation of hydrocarbon accounting system;
· transition of all IT services between organisations;
· major upgrade of client IT infrastructure;
· installation of multi-operator fibre communication system;
· management of corporate Y2K programme;
I have also provided advice on best practice to projects throughout the organisation.
Of particular note are the following skills, responsibilities and experience:
· Project delivery to targets and within constraints
· Financial and budgetary management and control
· Risk management
· Reporting at many levels, including client and senior management
· Business case development and presentation, gaining sign off
· Communication management
· Management of 3rd parties from RFI through to operation
· Business relationship management with internal and external clients
· Change management
· Scope management
· Project resourcing
· Liaison between project and operational teams
· Development of programme strategy and plan
· Development and execution of standard programme and project processes
During my time at Petrofac I became a founder member of the local chapter of the Association for Project Management, and as secretary have contributed to its rapid growth as a voice for project management in the region. I also enjoy participation in several company corporate social responsibility activities.
1991-1996: Offshore Communications Services Ltd – Director and Consultant
The company provided data communications services on a world-wide basis for major oil and gas operators. I managed the operations centre and was responsible for operational matters across multiple countries and time zones. Activities included the management of client accounts; the installation and support of data communications services around the world (Yemen, Pakistan, Thailand, UKCS); internal project management; staff management and interface with other service providers. During my tenure, the turnover of the company grew some 10 fold.
1990-1991: FSSL - Senior Project Engineer
1988-1990: Hydraulics Research Ltd - Manager, Software Engineering Section
1987-1988: Gearhart Tesel Ltd - Software Product Engineer
1986-1987: Probel Ltd - Software Engineer
1985-1986: Gearhart Middle East SA – Wireline Field Engineer
1983-1985: Gearhart-Tesel Ltd - Software Engineer
· Chartered Engineer (C. Eng, Eur. Ing., CITP)
· Member, British Computer Society
· Member, Association for Project Management
· Member, Society of Petroleum Engineers
· BSc (Hons), Physics